The following are the terms and conditions for use of the ScienceDesk service including present and future features offered by ScienceDesk and other services which may be offered from time to timefor use with your ScienceDesk account (each feature individually and collectively referred to as the “Service”). Please read them carefully. This Service is provided to individuals who are at least 18 years old or to minors who have parental consent to open and maintain an account. Each user is solely responsible for his or her transmissions through ScienceDesk. As a condition of your use of the Service, you affirm that you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. The Service provided to individuals is only and for personal use only. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, or the resale of its services, is expressly prohibited. By registering an account with ScienceDesk, you agree to be bound by the terms outlined in this Service Agreement. ScienceDesk may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate service without cause or notice, should user’s conduct fail to conform to these conditions.
- We’re an Internet-based business and we use the Internet to send and receive certain types of communications. You agree to be bound by Internet regulations, policies and procedures.
- You agree to comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You also agree to not use ScienceDesk for illegal purposes; to not interfere or disrupt networks connected to this service; and to comply with all the rules, policies and procedures connected to this service.
- You will not use ScienceDesk to spam contact requests, limiting your requests to colleagues and collaborators.
- You will not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a contact request.
- You agree not to transmit, or allow others to use your account to transmit, through ScienceDesk, any objectionable material including, but not limited to, unlawful or harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar or obscene material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate items discussed in #2 above. 6. You agree to not interfere with another member’s use and enjoyment of ScienceDesk
- You agree not to harvest or otherwise collect information about your contacts, including email addresses, without their consent.
- You will not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message. Our spam policy at ScienceDesk is “zero-tolerance”. Anyone found to be generating indistinctly connection requests in our system will have their user privileges revoked immediately.